IPT-MT7038-LiP Battery Recognized for Exceptional Innovation

August 26, 2015

BRAINTREE, MA (August 2015) — Impact Power Technologies (IPT) announced today that TMC, a global, integrated media company, has honored IPT-MT7038-LiP with the 2015 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award.

“We are truly grateful to receive such a prestigious award. IPT’s team has worked hard to continuously raise the standards and performance of 2-way radio batteries,” said Ken Murphy, COO of IPT. “Our goal is to make our technology so good that it ultimately reduces overall battery consumption. This may mean less future sales for IPT, but it’s better for our customers and that’s okay with us.”

Impact’s IPT-MT7038-LiP longer lasting battery for the Motorola APX6000/7000/8000 radios is the latest addition to the LifeSaver Series™ and features IPT’s proprietary Lithium Polymer chemistry and battery management system that guarantee the battery will last over 20 hours per charge and 900 charging cycles, up to 4 times more than OEM batteries.


Impact Power Technologies announces new lithium-polymer replacement batteries, Boston PD contract

October 22, 2015

Impact Power Technologies showcases two new long-lasting lithium-polymer replacement batteries for portable radios while also announcing a new contract with the Boston Police Department during the upcoming International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) show in Chicago, according to company officials.


Miami Beach PD Finds Way to Protect Personnel from Communication Failures

October 13, 2015

The Miami Beach Police Department (MBPD) depends almost entirely on two-way, hand-held radios for its communications. However, there’s been a problem: the OEM batteries that power their Motorola XTS 3000/5000 radios couldn’t hold a charge longer than 8 hours, even when new.

Read how MBPD turned to Impact Power Technologies to protect the safety of their officer at Homeland Security Today.


Mold: What You Need to Know - Practical tips to limit breathing trouble

April 24, 2015

It can be found anywhere – on shower curtains, house siding or tree trunks. It grows in almost any color, and it thrives in damp, warm, humid places, sprouting up year-round.

It’s mold, and if you’re exposed to it, you could develop breathing problems, from mild to severe. According to critical care pulmonologist Lamia Ibrahim, MD, mold, a fungus that reproduces through spores, can be responsible for breathing problems in almost anyone.

“There’s sufficient evidence to link mold exposure with upper respiratory tract symptoms – coughing and wheezing – in otherwise healthy people, as well as linking it to asthma symptoms in people with asthma,” she says.

“Other research suggests a potential link of early mold exposure to the development of asthma in some children, especially those with a genetic susceptibility to developing the condition.” However, mold-induced breathing problems are temporary for the most part, and symptoms usually fade with less exposure to the fungus.